Full Time, Temporary with opportunity for extension
Clerk Grade 1/2
The Online Shop Administrator is an exciting new role created to assist with the creation of the creation of the Australian Museum’s new online shop. By taking carriage of the content for the shop, and the creation of associated social media and promotional content, you will be contributing to the expansion of one of the most loved Museum shops in Australia. You will need a background in retail and solid experience using Shopify (or equivalent), with a good understanding of how digital and social channels work for retail in order to optimise content to generate site visitation and sales. This is a 6 month temporary role with the opportunity for extension, with an immediate start.
This is a greenfield opportunity at Australia’s first Museum for a creative and motivated candidate who demonstrates the following skills and experience;
- Previous experience setting up and running an online store;
- A strong background in retail and solid experience using Shopify (or equivalent), with a good understanding of how digital and social channels work for retail in order to optimise content to generate visitation and sales.
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
- Experience in product styling and staging for online use, including Photoshop experience.
- Experience in online and social media marketing with social analytics tools knowledge.
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, Instagram and blog posts.
- Positive attitude, attention to detail, and customer-oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability.
To express your interest contact Serafina Froio, email Serafina.Froio@austmus.gov.au