The Museum Shops Association of Australia & New Zealand is a non profit, voluntary organisation and the only professional organisation dedicated to cultural retail management in Australasia.
Our Mission Statement
The Museum Shops Association of Australia & New Zealand exists to maximise the creativity, success and reputation of cultural institution shops as core contributors to their institutions through advocacy and by providing assistance, information and professional development.
We aim to:
- Enhance communication between members through maintaining and disseminating current, high quality and relevant national and international information.
- Achieve excellence in cultural retail management through professional development.
- Be the centre of cultural retailing information through research and data collection.
- Raise the profile of the essential role of museum shops within their institutions and across the sector.
- Assist our members in making museum shops more effective and financially viable.
- Provide a voice for our members through advocating for member interests.
- Be an effective and sustainable organisation providing leadership to our members.