Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Auckland War Memorial Museum: Connecting through sharing stories of people, lands and seas.
Auckland Museum is a much-loved culture and heritage organisation at the heart of Auckland’s identity, committed to outstanding management of its world-class collections and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum’s stories.
We encourage candidates to share their talents at this unique workplace, which embraces diversity and both acknowledges and nurtures our bicultural capabilities, as demonstrated in our Teu le Vā and He Korahi Māori strategies.
We seek a highly motivated Senior Retail Lead to join the Museum Store at an exciting time of redevelopment and renewal. The role is as varied as the working environment and will require enthusiasm, warmth and flexibility. You will be working closely with the Retail Operations Manager to help deliver outstanding customer service and in-store experience for our diverse customer base, by managing the day-to-day operations of our store and leading our sales team with future growth and development in mind. If you are someone who believes people are at the core of creating ongoing success, then we want to hear from you!
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a passion for New Zealand, Māori and Pacific arts, crafts, culture and history
- Be a people person and have the ability to engage with a diverse customer, supplier and team base
- Have at least 4 years experience in retail and sales team supervision with a proven sales and team development history
- Be computer literate with sound knowledge of POS and Back Office systems and have the ability to further knowledge in these areas.
- Have an eye for design and understand the principles of visual merchandising
- Be energetic with a positive attitude and desire for everything that goes into intensifying Auckland War Memorial Museum’s reputation for excellence
- Be a problem solver and possess a continuous improvement approach to your job with a high attention to detail
- Have exceptional communication skills and the ability to think creatively in your approach to building a cohesive and productive sales team.
Closing Date: Friday 19th April 2019
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
He Oranga Tangata ka ao Enriching lives: Inspiring discoveries