The MSAANZ funds its operations through membership fees from both organisation members, and from supplier members. These provide funding for activities such as our annual conference, short training workshops, a quarterly newsletter, data collection and reporting, on site store consultation services, and general information about the cultural retail industry. The MSAANZ also plays an advocacy role for its members and lobbies industry to support that role.
Organisation Member benefits include:
- Access to our online members forum and members only pages.
- A quarterly newsletter with up to date trade information, important dates and general retail tips for the cultural institution shop professional.
- Access to our preferred supplier trade discounts and/or terms. Quality and relevant suppliers are eligible to join the scheme, participate in forum’s and list details in our online directory if they can pass benefits on to MSAANZ members.
- An online & up to date list of fellow members, and their contact details.
- On site retail consultation and technical support. You can request an MSAANZ Executive Board member to visit your shop and give advice on your retail operation.
- Free Situations Vacant advertising for retail and commercial positions through our website, contact list, and social media channels.
- Eligibility to apply for the annual conference scholarship.
- The opportunity to enter the annual MSAANZ retail awards.
- The opportunity to attend an annual MSAANZ Conference and short training programmes at a discounted rate. The annual conference is 3 days of seminars and information sharing sessions and is an intrinsic tool for professional development and is a great time to network with colleagues and suppliers.
The MSAANZ Organisation Membership gives you access to the knowledge, resources and community you need to create a thriving, revenue-producing store that supports the greater mission of your institution! Once an organisation has joined, the benefits of the MSAANZ are available to all of its employees.
The MSAANZ members forum provides both museum store buyers and vendors a platform to connect in this distinctive industry – colleagues can ask each other for support and advice, buyers don’t have to look far and vendors have access to this unique target audience. SIGN IN HERE
Supplier Memberships are also available – CLICK HERE for more information.