Online Shop Administrator – Art Gallery of New South Wales
Full Time Permanant
- Sydney CBD – The Domain
- Clerk Grade 1/2
- Total Remuneration Package up to $78,065
- Salary range ($64,779 to $70,424)
Established in 1871, the Art Gallery of New South Wales is located in Sydney’s The Domain adjacent to the Royal Botanic Garden and near the Central Business District, the Gallery acknowledges the original custodians of this land – the Gadigal people of the Eora nation. The Gallery attracts around 1.4 million visitors annually and runs Australia’s largest education program with over 90,000 student and teacher visits per year.
With the recent approval of our expansion project, the Gallery is poised to deliver a new state-of-the-art building, located next to our existing and much-loved building. Providing us with close to double the current exhibition space, the expanded Gallery will enable us to share more art with more people and provide more family, learning and educational programming for all our audiences.
To help us achieve our ambition, we are seeking diverse, collaborative, supportive and brilliant individuals to work alongside our existing talent and build on our rich history to create an even more inspiring Gallery for the future.
For more information about the Gallery and our future, please visit our website www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au
Our commitment to diversity
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultures and people with a disability.
About the Role
Oversee the Gallery Shops’ online presence by generating content, promotions and campaigns. Responsible for online stock management, ensuring the timely fulfilment of all online sales. Fulfilling all social media requirements.
What technical / soft skills you require
- Substantial experience in a book shop or a cultural institution retail outlet
- Knowledge of visual arts
- Proven management of a retail Instagram account as well as experience in writing social media posts e.g. Instagram and blog posts.
- Proven experience in product staging for online and social media usage, including Photoshop experience.
- Proven use of third-party e-commerce platform e.g. Shopify
- Please provide work samples of the following: an Instagram account that you have managed, a blog post you have written and product staging for an online and social media. Please provide as attachments to your application.
- Please give an example of your experience in balancing your workload with particular attention to meeting deadlines. (300 words)
Part of the assessment process may include additional online
capability testing, skills testing or work samples in accordance with the new
Government Sector Employment Act 2013, therefore you may be contacted to
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a National Police Records Check, refer to link; https://npcoapr.police.nsw.gov.au/aspx/dataentry/Introduction.aspx
If you require further details about this role, please contact Rebecca Allport, Retail Manager on +61 2 9225 1660 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be lodged electronically via the iworkfor.nsw.gov.au website. Applications submitted via email will not be accepted.Closing date for applications: 6 August 2019 11:59pm