Permanant, Full Time
Mona has a shop. It’s pretty great. Sells all your standard museum shop stuff: t-shirts, syringe pens, postcards, millionaire memoirs, fat mugs, urns for your dearly departed, provocative soaps. Okay, maybe it’s a little more than most.
So, given that we’re currently on the lookout for a Shop Manager, they’ll need to bring a little more than most to the role. If you want the job you’ll need to be highly creative, highly competent, and quite good at talking to people who’ve been offended by soap.
You’ll also lead all aspects of retail strategy and operations, including product development and curation, merchandising and customer service. You’ll report on sales, maintain inventory and budgets and coordinate the daily activities of your team on the floor. You’ll be supported by Mona’s Co-CEO’s and Director of Marketing and Communications as you develop the retail offering to be as unique and adventurous as any Mona visitor experience.
- Curate a retail presence and product range that enhances the visitor experience, ensuring alignment with Mona’s values, tone and personality.
- Effectively manage and report on sales performance and identify opportunities to optimise commercial outcomes.
- Take the lead on all store operations, including visual merchandising, stock control, budget management, recruitment and staff development.
- Manage new product development, curation and production in collaboration with key organisational stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop e-commerce operations and the online shop product range.
- Develop a product knowledge base related to Mona’s collection and pursuits.
- Leverage the creative talents of shop employees to create an in-store environment that resonates with the Mona visitor experience.
- Considerable experience in the retail sector, with management experience in a shop environment being ideal.
- Prior experience in managing teams and recruiting new talent.
- Commercial acumen with the ability to produce detailed reporting and analysis.
- A commitment to producing outstanding customer service that complements the broader environment.
- Exceptional communication skills, capable of engaging with customers from diverse backgrounds.
- Project management and production experience, particularly in an arts background, is preferred.
Does this sound like you? Then we’d love to get to know you. Please submit your application (specifically addressing why you’re a great fit for this role) at https://mona.net.au/connect/employment
Applications close Monday the 11th of February at 9.00am.