Visitor & Retail Services Host
Museums Wellington are looking for a highly motivated and energetic person to assist with retail sales and administration, front of house duties, tours, birthday party hosting and other daily operations. We have one role available based at The Cable Car Museum and Space Place.
Reporting to the Visitor & Retail Services Coordinator, you will be responsible for achievement of retail targets and other commercial revenues, the admissions and tour process, point of sales operations, and ensuring that excellent customer service is delivered both prior to the visit and while at our Museums.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A proven retail sales record, within a target driven sales environment, and experience in retail administration & MS Office.
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills, & team leadership skills.
- Experience in the delivery of tours and working with children.
- Experience in leading a small team toward retail targets.
- Strong time management skills & the ability to adapt to change in a unique work environment.
- The ability to work late nights, weekends and public holidays.
A current Duty Managers certificate, First Aid Certificate and full New Zealand Drivers Licence will be advantageous.
This role is 30 hours per week Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday as rostered. Shifts may include weekends, public holidays and late nights.
Museums Wellington is a part of Wellington Museums Trust (trading as Experience Wellington), a registered charity established by Wellington City Council as a Council Controlled Organisation (CCO) to manage and develop its culture and arts visitor experiences.
If you thrive on a challenge, can think on your feet and want to join a fantastic team working within some of Wellington’s leading tourist attractions, this is the role for you.
To apply for this role and to view a full position description, please visit our website
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5.00 pm on Wednesday 22 November 2017.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand